Serioplast is looking for a Machine Operator.
The Machine Operator reports to the Shift Leader. The purpose of this position is to supervise machines and equipment, ensuring the final product meets the required quality and hygiene standards, in accordance with company standards and procedures.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Runs machine and equipment to ensure quality and conformity of final products.
- Monitors and restores automatic and control devices (e.g. tray former, palletizer, leak tester, etc.), recording outcomes and timely informing the technical department in case of need.
- Collaborates in technical operations (e.g. color changes, mold changes; blade, equipment, and line cleaning; line set-up).
- Packs finished goods using appropriate material (e.g.: boxes, trays, bags, etc.), stacks, loads and labels pallets for stocking in the warehouse.
- Supplies appropriate raw material and packaging material to the line using manual and/or electric forklifts.
- Feeds hoppers and loaders with raw materials or bottles headed for filling lines.
- Undertakes product controls (e.g. visual controls, weight verifications, etc.) using measuring instruments, following the product control plan and records outcomes on the appropriate forms.
- Participates in the sorting of damaged/defected products.
- Participates in team activities to reduce waste, improve productivity and quality.
- Maintains order and cleanliness in all assigned areas working in line with correct workplace hygiene and safety practices.
- May act as a deputy shift leader in his/her absence assuming related roles and responsibilities.
- Good knowledge of plastic molding technologies (EBM and/or SBM and/or IM).
- Good applied knowledge of measuring instruments and techniques.
- Ability to operate manual and electric forklifts.
- Basic applied knowledge of mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, electrical and/or electronic systems.
- Basic applied knowledge of WCM standards.
- Basic knowledge of Health, Safety, and Environment rules and practices.
- Accountability. Accept responsibility for your actions. Be accountable for your results. Take ownership of your mistakes.
- Problem-solving. Be analytic. Be frugal and avoid sophistication to get the job done without compromising on quality.
- Resilience and put passion in what you do. Patience, tenacity and hard work allow you to reach your goals and positively respond to challenges. Never give up.
- Team Play. Build trust in your relationships and contribute to making the work environment positive and stable.
Education and Experience:
- Diploma in electrical or mechanical studies.