Serioplast is looking for a Quality Controller
The Quality Controller reports to the Quality Manager. The purpose of this position is to ensure the quality and hygiene of the final product and the implementation, management, and compliance with the company’s integrated system of standards and procedures.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Performs controls according to the quality control plan for each product, using lab instruments (scale, caliper, thickness gauge, top load tester, torque meter, etc.).
- In the case of non-conformities, provide support in the evaluation of quality problems and contributes to identifying and resolving the issue.
- Fills in and verifies quality measurement information in the production sheets, timely signals any issues.
- Checks incoming material against quality specifications and verifies documentation compliance.
- Participates in sorting activities of defected bottles and contributes to decisions on discarding or keeping batches.
- Supports the Quality Manager in organizing and performing periodic training for new and existing staff on quality standards.
- Performs calibrations of instruments and scales in the production area and quality lab autonomously or through suppliers.
- Supports the Quality Manager in ensuring that all the manufacturing plants are equipped and organized to comply with the Company Strategy for online and offline quality controls.
- Performs quality controls following technical interventions and during product industrialization to ensure the products and processes reach the required quality standards.
- Supports the Quality Manager in ensuring that all Quality Control standard methods and procedures are constantly updated in terms of efficiency and compliance with customer requirements.
- Supervises quality and hygiene standards in the plant.
- Participates in internal and external quality audits.
- Supports the Quality Manager in managing and archiving quality documentation.
- Excellent applied knowledge of measuring instruments and techniques.
- Good knowledge of plastic molding technologies (EBM and/or SBM and/or IM).
- Good knowledge of ISO standards.
- Basic knowledge of Health, Safety, and Environment rules and practices.
- Basic knowledge of Statistical Process Control and statistical analysis.
- Basic knowledge of English.
- Accountability. Accept responsibility for your actions. Be accountable for your results. Take ownership of your mistakes.
- Problem-solving. Be analytic. Be frugal and avoid sophistication to get the job done without compromising on quality.
- Resilience and put passion in what you do. Patience, tenacity and hard work allow you to reach your goals and positively respond to challenges. Never give up.
- Team Play. Build trust in your relationships and contribute to making the work environment positive and stable.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an ISO certified Quality Lab of a manufacturing company, preferably in the FMCG sector.